Attractions contributing to Mississippi's growing popularity as the preferred golf-and-travel destination include:
- More than 170 courses offering a variety of price points and designs from world-class architects such as Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Jerry Pate and Tom Fazio.
- Year-round golf weather with temperate conditions throughout five distinct regions – The Hills, The Delta, The Capital/River, The Pines and The Coastal regions.
- Home to two annual PGA TOUR events: The Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic of the PGA Champions Tour, played at Fallen Oak in March and the Sanderson Farms Championship of the PGA TOUR, played at the Country Club of Jackson in November.
- Third-largest gaming destination in North America, featuring exciting gaming, upscale shopping, live entertainment, luxurious spas and internationally-acclaimed golf courses.
- Birthplace of blues, rock 'n' roll and country music. Mississippi Blues Trail and Country Music Trail markers are placed at key sites around the state to honor musicians and give visitors insight into the state's diverse musical heritage.
- World-famous, authentic Southern cuisine offering savory barbecue, fresh seafood and French-Cajun delicacies.
- A busy calendar of more than 400 unique events scheduled throughout the year.
- A host of non-golf activities including boating, fishing, bird-watching, hiking, biking, hunting, camping and more.