The capital city
Glitz, glamour, golf and more
Center of the Blues Universe
Summer art classes for children and young filmmakers workshops for students; meeting space for Allison's Wells Quilters, Magnolia Woodturners Association and specialty classes in arts and crafts. Annual showing of Mississippi Art Colony's Traveling Show.
The American Indian Artifacts Museum holds Native American artifacts dating back to hundreds and even thousands of years ago. The owners began collecting artifacts about 30-40 years ago. Many of the artifacts were given to the museum by local tribes.
Located just west of Jackson in historic Vicksburg, Mississippi, Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg offers an exceptional gaming and entertainment experience. The property features a 70,000 square-foot casino; a full-service hotel with 149 well-appointed rooms, a pool, three dining venues; 2 bars/entertainment venues and a full-service RV park.
c. 1838. The oldest operating courthouse in Mississippi. Contains original records from 1807, as well as memoirs and mementos of Confederate soldiers.
This museum is now housed in the town's first hospital, built in 1916. In 1976 it became Amory's bi-centennial project and was converted to a museum.
c. 1830. The historically registered 1830 Greek Revival home has been magnificently restored to its original stately elegance. Beautiful period antiques, private baths and gracious comfort are provided. Cafe' Anchuca.
Custom-created hand-thrown and wheel-thrown dinnerware and decorative pottery vases and pieces. Call for appointment.
Andrew's Tavern is a fairly young Natchez nightlife establishment compared to some others, and is located in the heart of downtown. Andrew's opens around 4 p.m. daily, except on Sunday, unless there is a Saints game on TV, and it is frequented by locals and visitors alike. Stop by and have a cold draft beer, drop a buck in the jukebox, and listen to some of your old time favorites or the latest pop smash hits.
Adjacent to the Vicksburg National Military Park, the cemetery dates back to 1865. A lunette fortification was built on the property by the Confederacy.
THE OFFICIAL TOURISM RESOURCE FOR THE STATE OF MISSISSIPPI