The capital city
Glitz, glamour, golf and more
Center of the Blues Universe
The anchor of Hernando square, the Courthouse was built in 1942 after the previous French Castle courthouse burned in 1940. Around the rotunda of the courthouse hang spectacular murals depicting the discovery of the Mississippi River by famed explorer and county namesake Hernando DeSoto.
Includes Hinds County Courthouse, c. 1857; St. Mark's Episcopal Church, c. 1854; Confederate Cemetery, established in 1863. Brochure available from Raymond City Hall.
Hiking on beautiful 3-mile trail with a suspended overlook, waterfall, winding around a pond, c. 1857 grist mill
c. 1840 and 1878. Transition Greek Revival/Italianate architecture. Two historic structures in magnificent rural setting offers host guided tours and facilities for private functions and events. National Register of Historic Places. Includes lovely bed & breakfast cottage with 2 suites, located near the Natchez Trace Parkway, received the Award of Merit from the Mississippi Heritage Trust for historic preservation.
During World War II a group of Dutch pilots trained in Jackson, Mississippi. Due to accidents, 42 of them were killed. They are buried in a plot on Cedar Lawn Cemetery. Every year, on 4 May, there is a commemoration ceremony
Oldest active Baptist Church with continuous ministry in Mississippi. Established May 6, 1806. The church celebrated its' 200 year anniversary in 2006. After a tornado completely destroyed the building on April 24, 2010, members came together to help rebuild.
Hotel, meetings, reunions, weddings
Elms Court is one of the most outstanding suburban villa residences in Natchez. Construction on the two-story center portion of the Greek Revival structure was begun around 1836. In 1895, James Surget bought Elms Court from relatives and presented it to his daughter, Carlotta, as a wedding gift when she married David McKittrick, whose descendants still occupy the home. Elms Court is often on tour during either the Spring or Fall Pilgrimages.
The original birthplace of the "king of rock and roll" includes the modest home Elvis' father built, a statue of Elvis with his first guitar, memorial chapel, walk of life, fountain of life, park, story wall, gift shop.
This modest historic residence was the home of Richard Elward, a book-binder and Natchez newspaper editor. Set close to the street on a corner of a lot encircled by a palisade fence, the brick cottage is distinguished by the high quality of its exterior, Greek Revival style woodwork. You can find it while strolling through the garden district of town and it's side faces that of Greenleaves.
THE OFFICIAL TOURISM RESOURCE FOR THE STATE OF MISSISSIPPI