The capital city
Glitz, glamour, golf and more
Center of the Blues Universe
From primitive camping to full-service RV accommodations to cozy cabins, Mississippi's State Parks are fantastic places to stay. For complete information, click here.
Hotel, meetings, reunions, weddings
Elms Court is one of the most outstanding suburban villa residences in Natchez. Construction on the two-story center portion of the Greek Revival structure was begun around 1836. In 1895, James Surget bought Elms Court from relatives and presented it to his daughter, Carlotta, as a wedding gift when she married David McKittrick, whose descendants still occupy the home. Elms Court is often on tour during either the Spring or Fall Pilgrimages.
The original birthplace of the "king of rock and roll" includes the modest home Elvis' father built, a statue of Elvis with his first guitar, memorial chapel, walk of life, fountain of life, park, story wall, gift shop.
This modest historic residence was the home of Richard Elward, a book-binder and Natchez newspaper editor. Set close to the street on a corner of a lot encircled by a palisade fence, the brick cottage is distinguished by the high quality of its exterior, Greek Revival style woodwork. You can find it while strolling through the garden district of town and it's side faces that of Greenleaves.
c. 1851. Built by Robert D. Smith, a free African-American who operated a carriage service in historic Natchez. Once operated as an inn by Portuguese merchant Jose Bontura.
This 125-acre, late-19th century, grid-patterned neighborhood is the largest and only primarily residential district in Jackson on the National Register of Historic Places. Currently under extensive renovation.
This historic church contains the original Tiffany windows.
First Methodist Church, the oldest in Columbus, was built in 1820.
One of the oldest historically African-American churches in the area. Although it was rebuilt in 1921, church records precede turn-of-the-20th century.
c. 1828-29. Built by a congregation organized in 1817. It till has the original gated pews and beautiful stain glass windows.
THE OFFICIAL TOURISM RESOURCE FOR THE STATE OF MISSISSIPPI