Enter for a chance to WIN a two day getaway to Columbus, Mississippi that includes the following itinerary:
- CHECK-IN for a two-night’s stay at your choice of the lovely Jackie O’ House Bed & Breakfast or one of our many comfortable hotel properties offering complimentary breakfast.
- TOUR the Tennessee Williams Home and Welcome Center (c. 1875). Enjoy a complimentary cup of coffee with a complimentary tour of the first home of legendary, Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Tennessee Williams. Here you will receive a complimentary literary gift bag with a selection from Mississippi authors.
- ENJOY a guided tour of downtown Columbus.
- DINNER at delightful J. Broussard’s. Here you’ll enjoy a delectable New Orleans-style menu in a sophisticated atmosphere. The second-generation family establishment uses only the finest fresh ingredients, many of which are locally sourced.
- STROLL through downtown Columbus on a sunset carriage ride after dinner to explore a National Register historic district.
- COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST at your B&B or hotel.
- TOUR Whitehall – A stately example of Greek-Revival architecture, this home served as a hospital for wounded soldiers during the Civil War, and later, hosted Tennessee Williams’ mother, Edwina, for daily bridge games. Circa 1843.
- LUNCH at Huck’s Place – another local favorite serving up Southern fare with a Cajun twist in a cool, downtown atmosphere. Dive into the restaurant’s expansive, flavorful menu that includes entrees from savory shrimp and grits to po’boys to gourmet burgers, plus a selection of lighter fare.
- AFTERNOON After lunch, head to Friendship Cemetery. Founded in 1894, the cemetery was the site of the first Decoration Day in 1866, which led to the modern day Memorial Day celebration.
- SUNSET STROLL – Before dinner, bask in Columbus’ natural beauty with a scenic sunset stroll along the Columbus Riverwalk and Pedestrian Bridge. The picturesque walking and biking trail is highlighted by a stately bridge situated over the Tombigbee River. Both offer unforgettable sunset views. Enjoy complimentary wine and cheese to conclude your day as you pause to savor the moment.
- DINNER – enjoy fine dining in a comfortable atmosphere at Harvey’s. A prime downtown favorite, only steps away from Columbus’ Riverwalk.