Visit Mississippi is committed to keeping up with information from local, state and national partners regarding the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health and safety of our citizens and visitors are of the utmost importance for Mississippi’s tourism industry.
Please refer first to the Mississippi Department of Health for all state directives. The latest information from health experts regarding COVID-19 can be found on these websites:
- Mississippi State Department of Health
- Mississippi Emergency Management Agency
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
- University of MS Medical Center
- U.S. Travel Association
The CDC and MSDH are working to detect, contain and limit the spread of cases in the U.S. and Mississippi.
Coronavirus Hotline: The Mississippi State Department of Health is now operating a hotline for convenient answers to questions about COVID-19 by phone. Mississippi Coronavirus Hotline: 877-978-6453
State Welcome Centers Closed
All 13 state visitor Welcome Centers are closed until further notice. Restroom facilities and rest areas will remain open and diligently cleaned. Brochures and other travel guides can be found outside of the entrances.
State Parks and Wildlife Areas
For more information on state parks, wildlife areas and public waterways, please refer to the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks.
Major Event Cancellations:
- St. Paddy’s Day Parade, Jackson
- Spring Pilgrimage, Columbus and Natchez
- Juke Joint Festival, Clarksdale
- Casino gaming, statewide
- SEC and other state collegiate sporting events have been cancelled for the remainder of the academic year. For the latest information and updates, please visit the SEC website.