- This event has passed.
May 25 @ 8:00 am - September 8 @ 5:00 pm
Saturday, May 25 – Sunday, September 8
MCM is proud to present our summer traveling exhibit “Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood: A Grr-ific Exhibit,” where families are invited to spend time singing, playing and exploring the world of beloved PBS KIDS character Daniel Tiger. Through immersive experiences, visitors young and old collaborate to solve problems, use their imaginations to transform their surroundings and play along with Daniel’s singable strategies as they learn life’s little lessons. Children are invited to engage in activities that Daniel and his friends love, such as role playing, dress-up, and music making. The exhibit focuses on core social and emotional skills that all children are learning, helping young children prepare for experiences and places they will soon encounter.
This three-dimensional, multi-sensory experience invites children ages 2 to 6 to enter the world of Daniel Tiger and friends to explore the Neighborhood of Make-Believe. Visitors will:
- Transform into to a favorite character with masks and costumes
- Compose a song or play along with one-of-a-kind instruments
- Create stories through the Movable Character Mural
- Step inside the Clock Factory to play with a variety of clocks
- Knit a sweater piece with help from the Red Sweater Knitting Machine
- Identify spots in one’s own neighborhood on the interactive world map
- Cozy up with a good book in O the Owl’s Reading Nest and
- Stroll with a Trolley along the path, and ring the bell upon arrival!
This exhibit is locally sponsored by Trustmark, Atmos Energy, The Barksdale Reading Institute, and Selby & Richard McRae Foundation.