Exploring Mississippi With Kids
While known for its tasty Southern cuisine and rich musical history, Mississippi is not just for food lovers and music buffs. This great state overflows with fun family getaway options, as well. The Magnolia State offers countless family-friendly attractions and experiences, from beautiful sandy beaches to intriguing museums. Allow Visit Mississippi to be your personal tour guide as we recommend engaging activities the entire family will enjoy in Mississippi.
Family-Friendly Outdoor Activities
Home to year-round mild weather, Mississippi is an ideal destination for outdoor enthusiasts. An abundance of outdoor activities enables all family members to enjoy the breathtaking scenic views and beautiful terrains of this state. Family-friendly adventures you can pursue outdoors in Mississippi include:
- Kayaking and canoeing: With various bodies of water, Mississippi offers its visitors unique paddling experiences for all skill levels.
- Fishing: Fishing is a calming activity that all family members can enjoy, regardless of age or experience.
- Biking: With numerous trails and terrains, families can take a group bike ride throughout different parts of the state. There are trails to fit both beginner riders and experts. You’ll enjoy bicycling in Mississippi.
- Hiking: There is no better way to experience the beauty of this state than seeing it firsthand on a hike with the family. Stop off at a picnic spot to enjoy a nice lunch together before continuing exploring Mississippi’s state parks.
- Camping: Immerse yourself in nature by staying at one of Mississippi’s camping grounds. Take a break from life’s daily stresses and unwind with your family as you bond around a campfire.
- Swimming: Take your family to the white sand beaches of the Mississippi Gulf Coast and enjoy a carefree day relaxing under an umbrella or playing in the ocean.
Fun Attractions for Everyone
No family vacation would be complete without attractions the entire family can enjoy. Guests traveling to Mississippi have a wide selection of attractions to choose from, such as:
- Mississippi Braves baseball: Guests and families traveling to Mississippi can root for the home team the Mississippi Braves at Trustmark Park in Pearl as they enjoy hot dogs, beverages, and other concessions.
- Hattiesburg Zoo: One of Mississippi’s best family attractions, the Hattiesburg Zoo offers its visitors a variety of activities, including a petting zoo, a water park, a ropes course, and its popular Sloth Experience.
- Urban Air Adventure and Trampoline Park: Fun for all ages, this unique family attraction is more than just a trampoline park. Guests at this Southaven, MS, park will test their skills, explore new adventures, and, most importantly, have fun.
- Strike Zone Bowling Lanes: Challenge your family to some competition at this cutting-edge bowling alley in Southaven, MS. It features 32 lanes, a bar and grill, and an arcade where kids can rack up tickets to redeem for prizes.
- Geyser Falls Water Theme Park: If you and your family visit during summer, you can cool off at this thrilling family water park in Philadelphia, MS. Sitting on 23 acres, this family amusement center features 12 main waterslides, a gigantic wave pool, a lazy river, and other fun-packed activities for the whole family to enjoy.
- A Stroka Gene-US Alpacas: Truly a one-of-a-kind family experience, this alpaca farm in Stringer, MS, tour lets you get up close to these magnificent animals. During a tour, your family will learn about these gentle creatures and even have the opportunity to feed them.
- BankPlus Sports Center: An all-in-one athletics center in Southaven, MS, this facility features an indoor soccer arena, batting cages, and a miniature golf course for the family to enjoy friendly competition and bond over sports.
Plan Your Next Family Vacation in Mississippi
As you and your family plan your next trip to Mississippi, keep in mind the many family-friendly and fun activities here in the Magnolia State. Visit Mississippi can offer recommendations on the best places to take your family. Please contact us today for more information on planning your vacation in Mississippi.