Planning a Mississippi Getaway on a Budget
One of the many advantages of taking a vacation is the opportunity to treat yourself. However, you do not have to drain your savings account to do so. Guests planning relaxing weekend getaways in Mississippi can have fun without spending too much money. Visit Mississippi offers travelers excellent recommendations for lodging, experiences, and things to do that stay within their budget.
Places to Stay
Choosing where you will rest your head after a long day of exploring the many wonderful attractions in Mississippi is crucial to the overall quality of your trip. As guests spend a good portion of their vacation at their hotel, they should choose one that fits their style and the type of vacation they imagine. Mississippi is home to a variety of economical and unique housing arrangements able to accommodate every guests’ vacation plans. A few budget-friendly lodging ideas include:
The Forest Retreat
Guests searching for a private outdoor adventure will love staying at The Forest Retreat. Located in Gloster, MS, on the edge of the Homochitto National Forest, this secluded cabin in the woods is open year-round and is ideal for couples looking for a romantic getaway.
The Inn at Ocean Springs
Staying at a cozy bed and breakfast is a terrific way to enjoy your weekend retreat. The Inn at Ocean Springs is conveniently situated in the heart of downtown Ocean Springs, allowing guests to enjoy various local attractions within walking distance of their accommodations.
The Alluvian Hotel
Guests who seek total relaxation while on their trip can find it at The Alluvian Hotel. This top-rated hotel offers its guests all the amenities they need. Located in downtown Greenwood, this hotel is near multiple establishments that offer live music and great options for dining.
Things to Do
No matter the type of adventure, guests will find what they are looking to make their trip memorable and affordable in Mississippi. Different activities the state offers include:
- Arts and culture: Rich in artistic and cultural history, Mississippi has played a key role in helping shape American history as we know it today. Whether you visit museums, galleries, or art centers, you can explore this rich and multi-faceted history and experience it first-hand.
- Entertainment: There is no shortage of casinos in Mississippi. Visitors do not need to be card sharks to enjoy the various forms of entertainment provided at these resorts. These casinos offer concerts, spa treatments, great dining options, and more for everyone to enjoy.
- Food and drink: No trip to Mississippi is complete without indulging in the culinary classics of this great state. Southern food is in abundance here in Mississippi, and the best part is that you don’t need to pay an arm and a leg to enjoy it.
- Outdoors: One of the easiest ways to make the most of your trip to Mississippi on a budget is to get outside and explore the beautiful scenery. Known as a playground for outdoor enthusiasts, Mississippi has something for anyone interested in the numerous outdoor activities offered by the Magnolia State – from hiking and biking to kayaking and fishing.
- Music: Home of the historic blues, Mississippi is an excellent destination for any music lover. Guests can discover the origins of the blues in different ways and hear it first-hand in authentic juke joints and music venues — sometimes free of charge.
- Sports: With a mild climate year-round, sports are alive and well in Mississippi. Whether guests are looking to beat the course record at one of our premier golf courses or enjoy a hot dog at the ballpark as they cheer on the Mississippi Braves or the Biloxi Shuckers, there are countless great sporting opportunities here, all offered at a low cost.
Affordable Weekend Getaways in Mississippi
Travelers can enjoy all that the Magnolia State has to offer on their weekend getaways in Mississippi without needing to spend large amounts of money. Visit Mississippi will help you plan your next trip to Mississippi by offering excellent recommendations to fit your budget. Please contact us today at Visit Mississippi for more information on our astounding budget-friendly attractions.