Top Activities to Enhance Your Gaming Getaway
If you are planning to do some gaming in Mississippi, be sure to look beyond the casinos. The Magnolia State offers a host of alternative opportunities. There are numerous attractions to explore when you’re not gaming, such as music, fine arts, and history. To help travelers round out their gambling vacation, Visit Mississippi discusses different gaming options and other activities.
Non-Casino Gaming in Mississippi
Mississippi boasts a wide range of casinos where players can try their luck with slot machines and card games, but it also offers multiple opportunities to place bets on sports. Sports betting was legalized in the state in 2017, but it comes with a stipulation – you must be at the casino to play. Gamblers can make a bet on a mobile app, but they must be on the property of the sportsbook to do so. They also can make their bets in person at these sites.
Since many casinos in Mississippi offer sports betting, you should look for key features to ensure you select the best location for your trip. Some aspects gamblers should consider when comparing different sportsbooks include:
- Sports included: Make sure the casino offers sports your party wants to bet on. Most places will have football but vary with other sports.
- Betting odds: Before deciding on a sportsbook, research its odds compared to other casinos in the area. Some casinos have more generous odds than others.
- User experience: Sports betting can be complicated, and you need a casino that makes using their apps and gambling materials intuitive.
- Gaming perks: Most Mississippi gambling sites offer bonuses, often immediately after people sign up for their programs. These perks can enhance your gaming experience.
While gambling is not the ideal vacation activity for families with young children, you will find several arcades and entertainment centers if you and your kids like playing games. Some stand-out arcades travelers can consider while planning their weekend getaways in Mississippi include:
- Big Play Entertainment Center (Biloxi): This recreation center is perfect for parents and kids, featuring arcade games, bowling, mini-golf, laser tag, and even a racetrack. It also has a restaurant so you can refuel after a fun day of playing games.
- Escape Arcade & Family Entertainment Center (Biloxi): Located at Margaritaville Resort Biloxi, it offers countless fun activities for kids. Families also will find delicious food options to round out their day.
- The Arcade at Beau Rivage (Biloxi): Travelers lodging at the Beau Rivage can visit the arcade for exceptional fun Wednesday through Thursday. Kids can rack up points and choose high-value prizes such as video game consoles.
Although gaming alone is worth the trip for some guests, you may want to enhance your vacation with other points of interest in Mississippi. The following are some activities to think about when planning your gambling trip:
No matter the reason for their vacation, every traveler must find places to eat. From barbecue to seafood, Mississippi cuisine has something for everyone in the family to enjoy. Guests can stop at more casual eateries or make reservations at a high-end restaurant for a special night out. There is plenty of good food and drink to be had in Mississippi.
Music and Fine Arts
Mississippi has a rich history and culture, particularly with blues music. Tourists can learn more about music history by journeying along the Mississippi Blues Trail, Mississippi Country Music Trail, or similar sites, or attend a concert to hear live music. Many of our restaurants also have live musicians perform to enhance your dining experience. While you’re here, be sure to explore music in Mississippi.
We also offer attractions for travelers interested in the fine and performing arts. The Mississippi Museum of Art is one of the biggest attractions dedicated to arts and culture, but various galleries and theaters are in the region, as well. Enjoy the arts culture in Mississippi.
With lush, towering forests in the Appalachian foothills to dazzling beaches along the Gulf Coast, Mississippi is the perfect spot for nature lovers. If you want to spend some time outdoors in Mississippi after gambling in the casino, consider visiting one of our scenic state parks or exploring hiking or cycling trails. Many travelers also enjoy Mississippi fishing as our state boasts 119 public lakes. You also can go deep-sea fishing off the Gulf of Mexico.
Plan Your Mississippi Gambling Trip
Tourists planning their gaming vacations in the Magnolia State should turn to Visit Mississippi for assistance and recommendations. Our website features numerous resources to help you make the most of your vacation, including information on lodging, dining, and attractions. Use our free online trip planner to plan your next trip to Mississippi.