Canton Courthouse Square

The Canton Courthouse Square district has, as its centerpiece, a Greek Revival courthouse building, which was built in 1855 and is no longer used for that purpose. In 1982, the Canton Courthouse Square District was officially entered into the National Register of Historic Places and declared one of the three best examples in the State of Mississippi. In addition to the shops, restaurants and businesses ringing the courthouse, the Square hosts, twice yearly, the nationally famous Canton Flea Market Arts & Crafts Show.