Baptist Industrial College Marker

Founded in 1900 by the North Mississippi Baptist Educational Convention, the college was the first school in DeSoto County to offer instruction through grade twelve to African Americans and one of the earliest private schools for African Americans in north Mississippi. The school closed in 1960. The original dormitory remains standing.

Baptist Industrial College Marker

Hernando, MS