The Oaks House Museum
This Greek Revival-style home is the oldest continuously occupied residence in the city. Built around 1853 by Jackson Mayor James H. Boyd, it survived the devastating fire of 1863. The home may have served as headquarters for General William T. Sherman during the siege of the city by Union troops. James Hervey Boyd was mayor of Jackson for four two-year terms. Lovingly restored and furnished with period antiques by its present owner, the Colonial Dames of America in the State of Mississippi, The Oaks remains a treasured part of Mississippi history.