The Wesson House, built-in 1875 by Olive Branch’s first Mayor Ben Wesson. The house is located on land that was purchased from Chickasaw Indian Chief, Lush-Pun-Tubby. Mayor Wesson built a mercantile store on the front of the site, which stood until the middle of the 20th century. The house was deeded to the City of Olive Branch in 1991. It is one of three Dedicated Mississippi Landmarks in DeSoto County.