From the capital city of Jackson to the historic river towns of Natchez and Vicksburg, the Capital/River Region is a study in contrasts. Golf course layouts range from wide, open flatlands to tight, water-laden fairways. Each November, the area is host to the PGA TOUR Sanderson Farms Championship at The Country Club of Jackson.
The Refuge and Patrick Farms are located close to Jackson-Evers International Airport, giving true golf enthusiasts a chance for a quick round immediately upon landing, or a last few holes before takeoff to round out a perfect golfing getaway.
Quail Hollow, located in McComb at Percy Quin State Park, was designed by well-known architect Arthur Hills. Natchez is home to two legendary courses: Beau Pre’, designed by Mike Young, and Duncan Park, built in 1928. The Mississippi River town of Vicksburg challenges even the most seasoned golfers with the Clear Creek Golf Course and the historic Vicksburg Country Club, built in 1930.
While great golf courses are plentiful in this region, you’ll have an equally rewarding time off the course, enjoying an abundance of art, cultural and historic sites, as well as music, entertainment, and some of the finest restaurants the south has to offer.
Capital/River Region Championship Courses
|BRANDON Bay Pointe Country Club
|800 Bay Pointe Dr., 39047||6,713||123||72|
|CANTON Country Club of Canton
|183 Country Club Dr., 39046||6,322||119||72|
|FLOWOOD The Refuge
|2100 Refuge Blvd., 39232||6,021||124||72|
|McCOMB Quail Hollow Golf Course
|1102 Percy Quin Dr., 39648||6,406||117||72|
|NATCHEZ Beau Pre’ Country Club
beauprecc.comDuncan Park Golf Club
| 40 Club Dr., 39120
57 Duncan Park Rd., 39120
|PEARL Patrick Farms Golf Club
|300 Clubhouse Dr., 39208||6,900||131||72|
5-7 Day Itinerary
● Arrive in Jackson. Check into a local hotel or bed & breakfast and enjoy dinner at any number of fine restaurants in the Jackson metro area.
● Play golf at the Country Club of Canton in the morning and tour Jackson in the afternoon. Visit the Governor’s Mansion, State Capitol Building and Old Capital Museum. Enjoy dinner at Hal & Mal’s (a local favorite for blues enthusiasts) or visit Underground 119 for after dinner drinks and music.
● After a morning round of golf at The Refuge, travel to Vicksburg and tour the Vicksburg National Military Park and Battlefield Museum. This beautiful 1,800-acre park, with its marble and granite monuments, commemorates the 47-day Civil War siege and defense of Vicksburg. Dine at one of Vicksburg’s local restaurants and spend the night in an antebellum mansion turned bed & breakfast.
● After breakfast, spend time touring the Vicksburg area. Visit the Vicksburg Welcome Center, where you can take in views of the Mississippi River. Then travel to Natchez and have lunch downtown at Fat Mama’s Tamales, famous for their tamales and margaritas. Spend the afternoon touring the city of Natchez and its many antebellum homes, then check into a local bed & breakfast or hotel.
● Enjoy breakfast and travel to Beau Pre’ Golf Club for your tee-time. After golf, you’ll return to Jackson for your return flight.
Extended Itinerary (Day 1-4 same as above)
● Enjoy breakfast and travel to Beau Pre’ Golf Club for your tee-time. After golf, enjoy a relaxing afternoon touring the town’s many shops, antebellum mansions and antique stores. For evening entertainment check out Bowie’s Tavern.
● After breakfast, travel to New Orleans and tour area attractions. Enjoy dinner and entertainment on Bourbon Street.
● Enjoy breakfast at Brennan’s and continue your tour of the city before departing for the New Orleans airport.